Tuesday, February 2, 2016

What the Fluoride?!

    I thought I would share my recipe for natural toothpaste today in light of the fluoride conflict. This recipe is subject to change since this was my first attempt. And this batch doesn't taste all that great. That being said, I suggest you go with your intuition here...

  1.     For starters, you need a container. I used a clean baby food jar to contain my tooth slave.
  2.     I put 2 Tblsp of Coconut oil in the container. Always go organic, unrefined.
  3.     I then added about 1 Tblsp of Bentonite Clay.
  4.     Next I picked an essential oil (EO) blend and added 5 or 6 drops, you can totally add more, I was just being careful not to add too much. Essential oils (EOs) can be overpowering if used wrong. 
  5.     last but not least, I added a spritz of Apple Cider Vinegar.
    I collect baby food jars, they are perfect for my home made oils, salves and storing seeds. Coconut oil has a thousand benefits and uses. It is a really healthy fat and has natural antibacterial properties. If you've not heard of "oil pulling", I will briefly explain it. 
    Teeth are porous, teeth are bones. Coconut oil has the ability to penetrate these pores and cleanse from the inside out, taking toxins and bad breath with it. Some people do oil pulling instead of brushing. There are some really great testimonials out there claiming cavities have been completely or mostly healed within a month of dedicated, daily oil pulling. I would love to do that, but I have trouble dedicating 20 minutes a day to swishing coconut oil in my mouth. Yes, it is suggested to swish the coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes and spit it out in a trash can or outside. Dont want the oil going down your sink. 
    Bentonite clay also has a number of healing properties and is known for pulling toxins out of the body. It can be used topically or taken internally for this purpose. Do your research first!
    Choosing essential oils can be tough, there are many to choose from and they all smell amazing! However, if you're going to use oils topically or internally, make sure to use brands that are 100% Pure Therapeutic grade like DoTerra and Young Living. If you want to know what oils I use, comment below to request a consultation. Let's talk about Essential oils! I can help you choose what brand suits you best, what kinds of oils you may need most and how to use them. Clove oil is generally used in most toothpastes for it's excellent power of cleansing and healing the gums and teeth. Lemon and Peppermint are also great options for a natural tooth salve/paste.
    Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one of the best tools a person with a passion for natural health can have. I use it for so, so many things. Yeast infection being one of them. A natural hair detangler and PH restore-er, it brings softness and shine to your hair without damaging the PH levels like many shampoos and conditioners do. It can also help with dandruff. ACV is also a good facial cleanser for acne. A tip before you use it though, ALWAYS MIX HALF AND HALF WITH WATER. ALWAYS. I also use it for mouth wash. The taste doesnt bother me too much. When I was cloth diapering, I also used cloth wipes (HUGE MONEY SAVER ON A TIGHT BUDGET WITH A BABY) and made a natural wipe solution using a little ACV, water and EOs. I prefer using natural ingredients for my baby's health care for many reasons. I'll get in to that another day. I PROMISE! Haha, Im super passionate about healthy living but I know there are some unrealistic ideas that health nuts advertise and it's not for everyone. I choose natural care products because I literally just love them. It makes me feel like Im doing something good for myself. I dont live a perfectly healthy life style, by any means though.  
    You know what else I love about Natural Health products? I can easily make them myself. It's a really fun creative outlet for me, and as a Pisces, creative outlets are a must. 
    So, fluoride is bad m'kay? lol yes, south park reference there. The big thing about fluoride is it's been said that it calcifies the pineal gland. A small gland in the brain that produces the dream molecule, DMT. As children we dream vividly and often. But the common complaint as people get older is that they dream less. For a long time, my sleep has been dark and dreary. But since taking measures to reduce fluoride intake and decalcify the pineal gland, I've been having more dreams at night. Some colorful and vivid, some silly, some scary. 
    Fluoride is a naturally occurring substance but not in large amounts, and the amounts found in tap water and toothpaste are small but still considered to be far too much than the body needs. Fluoride is found naturally occurring and is the 13th most common element on the Earth's crust. Fluoride is now found in concentrated amounts in tooth paste, tap water, and even bottled juice. 
    Want to avoid fluoride? Use natural tooth pastes, make your own! Its super easy. Some people use baking soda, I used bentonite clay instead. Although it's not always cheap, buy bottled water from natural sources. Figi water is Alkaline water from aquifers underneath the surface of the Earth. Distilled water contains no fluoride and I've heard all kinds of debates and conflicting info on the internal use of distilled water. I personally like it, use your own judgement and do your research. That goes for anything you do with alternative health care products like herbs, EOs, ACV, etc. It cant hurt to educate yourself. Personally, I feel better making personal choices after I've done some research about whatever the topic may be. Be it politics, alternative medicine, natural health products, etc. because its better to make a personal choice from an educated point of view than an uneducated point of view. I'll leave you with that. Im just here sharing my personal experiences and thoughts and ideas. Feel free to do the same.
    Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think? share your thoughts, opinions, ideas and beliefs.