Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Charge up for Spring!

    It's been about a week since I wrote last. Mostly because I haven't been feeling well. Food poisoning really kicked my butt.
    I woke today from a dream that gave me motivation to get moving ~~~ This morning I went for a jog. Something I've been itching to do but NOT in the frigid cold. The early February thaw is upon us and the mornings are warming. Today is a great day to start my fitness training!
    I recently bought a beachbody/shakeology program called PiYo (pilates + yoga). These programs are reminiscent of the P90X series. I've been dying to get some of the left over pregnancy weight (and greed/binge eating weight) off so I've given myself a great opportunity to do so.
    The past week has been super challenging health and emotion wise so now that I've gotten that shit out of the way, Im ready to start kicking this ass in to gear! Pardon, my french is poor, but I've mustered up a lot of energy to back this up.
    When you start new things in life, especially if you are moving out of a frequency of "stuckness", it may be difficult to really get up and make that first move. Sure signing up for the gym is easy. Getting that free visit with a personal trainer might be easy too, but going back and sticking with it is another thing entirely. You have to have some gumption, some real motivation to not give up on yourself and things that are important to you.
    Do you have trouble with motivation? I have a few tips that might lessen the burden and just might get you on your feet...
    I personally feel the number one problem with lack of motivation is HIGH EXPECTATIONS. Let's face it, we all want to be healthy, but if you expect yourself to go vegan tomorrow and join a fitness program tomorrow and you've been eating happy meals daily and havent been active in months (or years), then you may not succeed with your first try. That doesn't mean that you should give up though! Don't get me wrong, there are people who can make a decision and completely win at whatever they do, maybe some of us have had those kinds of experiences... But as we get older, we form habits and patterns and to just keep it 100, it's harder to teach an old dog new tricks. BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE. You know what it takes? DEDICATION. COMMITMENT. PATIENCE. COMPASSION. And to teach yourself new tricks, you need the same essential elements!
    What have I done to get to where I am? All I had was an idea. But I've incubated and stewed that idea for a long time. I've thought about getting active for a long time. I've thought about eating a healthy diet for a long time. I've thought about being an energy worker for a LONG TIME. I've also wanted to start waking up early for a long time. All of these ideas/dreams have kindof converged at about the same time, all coming together to help form the life I desire for my self.
    Start small. A good example is my wake up time. For me to live the life I want to live, I need to wake up early. I love the energy of morning time but since I was forced to wake up early for school throughout my child hood and young teen years, it hasn't been on my list of things to do since graduation. It's been 5 years since I was most active and woke up early in the morning. So one day I set an alarm for 6am. I thought, it would be nice to be able to wake up at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think? share your thoughts, opinions, ideas and beliefs.