Friday, February 5, 2016

Day One, Liquid Fast

    I woke up this morning super energized and ready to start my first day, first time liquid fasting. The bone broth cooked for well over 10 hours, stewing and bubbling. It tastes AMAZING. I've never had bone broth before, but this is some heady stuff. Also I made a delicious green juice cocktail, I will share the recipe below.

  •    3 medium apples (I chose McIntosh apples, very sweet)
  •    Two arms of celery, washed. 
  •    One peeled orange
  •    One peeled lemon. take any seeds out so you dont get those caught in the juicer.
  •    One half of a cucumber
  •    Four Kale leaves
    That was it! The best part is that my boys liked it too. There was plenty to go around. Last night when I did my shopping I also picked up a bottle of Ginseng extract so I added a dose to my juice which was about 30 drops. Ginseng is an adaptogenic herb which means it adapts to the needs of your body upon ingestion. Other adaptogenic herbs include Cannabis, Holy Basil, Reishi Mushrooms, Schisandra Berries, Eleuthero Root, and Rhodiola, according to the Mountain Rose Blog. Mountain Rose Herbs is where I like to order my bulk, organic health products. Anything from BPA free containers, to coconut oil, herbs and bentonite clay. The selection is phenomenal and the quality is just as great.
    So there you have it. So far, so good. The amount of bone broth I made should actually be just enough for my fast, so that is pretty exciting as well. It did turn out a bit fatty so when it was strained (twice) into a container, I scooped out the top layer of fat that had separated from the brothy goodness.
    A minor headache began a little while ago which slowed me down a bit. Ready to relax, I put a balancing blend* in the Essential Oil (EO) diffuser and dabbed it on my throat as well. That headache is dissolving now and Im feeling my energy return. Its amazing how much I can feel my body. Its working very hard with me on this fast, for that I am great-full.
    Let me talk a moment on gratefulness. When we are grateful, we are greatly full of happiness and joy. Thankfulness and appreciation bring us in to the moment. They are tools to living a joy-full life. So, with great-fullness I will complete my fast. Already I feel wonders within my spirit. This is the single best idea I've had in a LONG time. Since the body is made up of 55-73% water, hydration is super important. With this fast, I will be removing toxins and replace all of the liquids in my body with healthy liquids.
    The Earth, while we are discussing water, is about 71% water and 29% land. We are a reflection of the very Earth we live on! Imagine if there was no water here, or if the waters were poisoned. The function of the planet and everything on it would be slowed if not completely halted, and operate very poorly. The same goes for US and OUR BODIES! It is a huge responsibility to make sure your hydration levels are good and that you aren't putting toxins in your body! Again, a big responsibility, but if there is a will, there is a way. And it helps to educate yourself about things like GMO foods versus Organic, Fluoride, pesticides and other toxic chemicals that end up in our food.
    Let me tell you, through my studies there are a couple things I've learned that I want to tell you. Many disease today is caused by stress, poor nutrition, and hormone imbalance. Life style diseases like diabetes, obesity, and heart conditions are skyrocketing. PCOS is another common disease caused by hormone imbalance. Stress related sickness like depression and anxiety, OCD and more are becoming far too prevalent in our society. There are a few possible reasons why... Most of the house hold cleaning chemicals and detergents, personal hygiene products, and pesticides, fungicides used on conventional crops have one thing in common: they are ESTROGEN BASED CHEMICALS.
    HELLO?! Cancer lives off estrogen!!!!! If that's not sounding alarms for you right now then we are DOOMED lol. Let me help you understand the gravity of the situation. GMO foods are full of insecticides to repel bug who would, in a natural cycle, feed off the plants. The top soil in the world is diminishing in quality meaning the crops have less nutrients in them. Not to mention the synthetic fertilizers being used on the soil. All that goes right in to your food. Its BAD. If you just said, "its not a big deal" YOU are part of the problem. Awareness needs to be brought to these situations and quickly before we kill the planet and ultimately, ourselves. This is why I am proud to do a liquid fast and I made sure to spoil myself with all organic fruits and veggies.
    Well, that's the end of my soap box, below are some pics I took of the juice cocktail I made today and the beef bone broth. I celebrate my courage to liquid fast with great-fullness and abundance!
Cheers!
Yummy green juice! My son and hubby liked it too! SCORE!

The recipe I used made just over one pint of broth. I shared the recipe in the blog preceding this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think? share your thoughts, opinions, ideas and beliefs.